Friday, January 13, 2006

CBC calendars

You could get a free calendar from the CBC this morning. All you had to do was call in and tell the radio hostess a little story on the calendar theme. The calendars were about wilderness, the Farmer's Almanac, turkeys and tractors. I think the best story was about wilderness. A lady called in and said that a relative of hers was caught in a snow storm on a frozen lake. He couldn't tell where the shore was, but he started out walking, hoping to find it. Eventually he became aware of two wolves, one on each side of him, trotting along. He went with them and they led him to shore. The worst story, in my opinion, came from Barry in Minnedossa. [I'm not sure that is spelled right.] He wanted the Farmer's Almanac calendar. When she asked for a story about farming, he replied, "Well, I've farmed all my life." End of story. She's a sweet radio lady. She gave him a calendar. She probably shouldn't have.

No comments: