Sunday, June 06, 2021

 Hot weather continues. Poor air quality. 

Went out this morning to do the watering, and a little more cleaning up of the yard. By 9:30 a.m., that was it, hot and uncomfortable. 

And it occured to me, the robins! Why haven't I mentioned I see robins everyday (when they show up in spring/summer)? I like them, because they don't seem particularly concerned about me, unlike the other birds, who take off en masse when I go out. Every time I water/dig, there seems to be a robin around, walking around a few feet away, checking out whether I'm getting its snack ready, I guess. I feel kind of bad for the worms whose time is up, but a robin has to eat, and I have to work on the yard.

Saw another hummingbird, yesterday. It was checking out the peanut feeder, which has a red top and bottom. When it didn't work out, the hummingbird flew off, and I wondered if it had checked out the hummingbird feeder about 5 feet away. So, I switched the locations of the peanut/hummingbird feeders, hoping that's easier to find. The bigger birds have no problem finding the peanuts when they want them. 

I've also been seeing more bees lately, they seem to really like Pete's roses. Hopefully, they are helping out the viburnum too.

No comments: