Sunday, June 20, 2021

Good news, yay, saw another hummingbird, finally. Bad news, it was looking for the feeder where I used to have it, but I moved it under the giant spruce, because I thought it was too hot where it was. And then it took off, without looking under the tree, far as I could tell. So I gave up and put the hummingbird feeder back where it was. Within minutes, another one (same one?) came by, tried it out briefly, and took off. I guess I should leave well enough alone and leave the feeder where it is. My general conclusion being, apparently when it's stupid hot like it was, the hummingbirds aren't any more likely than me to be out there anyway.

And there's a woodpecker, must be either the weather is better (it is, for now, cooler, supposed to be more so tomorrow), or they're getting in before the storm this afternoon. Which let's hope isn't as bad as predicted (potentially damaging thunderstorm, conditions for possibly tornado).

And another goldfinch this morning. I guess I could try to google my suspicions, but I am beginning to think it has a lot to do with the weather - when I'm hanging out in the ac, the birds must be more or less dormant as well? Hanging out in the shade, or by running water, or something?

Saw the occasional cardinal here and there for awhile, but none of them with the stupid hot either.

And a cardinal just flew buy and grabbed a peanut. Weather theory confirmed?

No comments: