Wednesday, October 12, 2005

To blog or not to blog

I have been absent from my own blog for a long, long time. So long that I have thought several times that I should just let it go. I suspect when I hear about the millions of blogs that have started that I wouldn't be the first to abandon one. And yet, something in me wants to continue. It is a way to express myself after all. I need to make myself a computer habit. I am a creature of habit pretty much and that would do it. I think while I've been gone I've had a virtual visit from one of my computer consultants again. Wasn't the Emily poem a different one? "I heard a fly buzz when I died" has many happy memories of times past connected to it. Teen age sons found my fondness for it very, very funny. Also, didn't the side print on my blog used to be red? One of the computer consultants wasn't sure he liked it red. The computer consultants actually made a house call several weeks ago. My home page has been personalized with a gold background and falling leaves motif. Chirping bird songs greet me each time I log on. I have an antique teapot as my background. Should be easy to develop a computer habit with all that going on, right? One of the consultants feels that my e-mail problems could stem from an unconscious habit of dragging my hand across the "a" key and the control key at the same time. If you do that, everything is highlighted and the next thing you type erases everything. Who knew? How do people without visiting consultants find these things out?

No comments: