Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Planting season gone awry

It's raining and raining and raining. Many days last week and then all night Saturday and all day Sunday without ceasing. Saturday afternoon we planted the tomatoes in the mud. I told my husband, "You're always supposed to puddle plants in. Should we water them?" He didn't think so and for once I took his advice, thank goodness. We had a hard thunderstorm this morning and more are due tonight. We're under a flood watch. But I've been soldiering on. All vegetables are in except zucchini. Most recently I've been sitting on a foam pad on the railroad ties around my herb garden and pulling out many bucketfuls of weeds. Once I get marjoram and thyme and basil and parsley planted, I'll move on to the flower beds. Can I get the flowers planted between showers and floods before it's time to leave for my grandson's wedding? Stay tuned.

No comments: