Wednesday, June 29, 2005

In the interest of accuracy

Actually it was just the Old Exchange Building in Charleston where the wedding reception was held, not the Old Securities and Exchange Building. Also, my daughter said that her dress was a cream color so I said it was too. Actually, it was pretty white. My daughter-in-law wore white also. Both asked me and discussed with each other whether the old rule about not wearing white to a wedding still applies. So many of those old rules about what you can wear when and to what have been thrown overboard. At one time you didn't wear white so as not to compete with the bride. I suppose you are especially suspected of wanting to compete with the bride if you are the mother of the groom. Giving a child you've been so close to into marriage is not such an easy thing. Don't wear white. Don't wear black. Is it still a rule?

No comments: